Thursday, January 24, 2013

Murder She Wrote: Nailed!

So, I'm a little bit of a Murder She Wrote freak.  Save the jokes.  I've already heard them all.  :P  Our friend Jason, who was also our roommate at the time, was the king of barbs.

Me:  (Minding my own business, watching a sweet J.B. Fletcher episode)
Jason:  Did you age 60 years while I was at work?

Har har har.  Yuk yuk yuk.  Funny guy.

I like a good mystery.  What can I say?  My two earliest mystery-loving memories involve my mom and my sister.  

I remember being sick, staying home from school.  I was too old for the kiddie shows, but too young for soaps.  My mom flicked on PBS and said, "You'll like this.  It's like Encyclopedia Brown."

It was Miss Marple and I was hooked!  I loved her accent and her Britishness.  She was great!

Then a year or two later, I was visiting my sister.  She had hired me to do some housekeeping work for her. I was supposed to be dusting, but I was overcome with allergies and lying on the couch.  She flicked on the tv.  "You'll like this.  It's like Nancy Drew."

It was Perry Mason, and I was hooked again!  I love crime shows and mysteries!  Over the years, I added Murder She Wrote, Columbo, Law & Order, and Criminal Minds to my list of favorites.

When DVD collections became available, Erik and Santa Claus filled our library with every episode of Murder She Wrote and Columbo (even the made for tv movies).

I like to watch them while I'm doing something else because they're so easy to follow, you don't really have to completely focus to understand what's happening in any given episode.

Last week, I had a Murder She Wrote DVD playing while I was sorting clothes to donate to Goodwill.  I happened to look up and saw this:


"Interesting," I thought, "who knew one 'different color' nail was popular in the 90s too!  Haha, I guess it really is true that there's nothing new under the sun.  Next thing you know, we'll be wearing Hammer pants again.  Hahaha..."

Yeah, well, turns out J.B. Fletcher is more "with it" than I am.  She took the one mis-matched nail and realized it was a clue to... the murderer!  (Not just a fashion statement, as I'd assumed.)
























Yep, turns out "Crazy Nails" here was painting her claws in the dark while she waited for the victim to show up so she could kill him.  She didn't realize the bottle she was using to touch up her nails was actually Pink, instead of her usual Red.  Oh you silly, criminals!  You can't get anything past J.B.!

I think this might be my favorite episode, just because of the nail polish thing!  Hehe!

-xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment