Monday, January 28, 2013

Nessie, my Beloved

This is Nessie.  She is one of our my favorite wedding gifts.  Well, let's be clear.  She's one of MY favorites, but since she keeps me sane, she is also Erik's favorite by default.  Right?  :)

I started drinking Lattes in high school.  I remember the very first espresso stand in Everett.  It opened in early 90s on Evergreen Way:  Bean Me Up Espresso.  Hehe.  They're still in business today.  

Ever since my first latte, I've been a huge espresso fan.  We've had several espresso machines over the years, but none worked as well, or made as good coffee as Nessie.  Nessie is a Nespresso Citiz with Milk.  And she is FABULOUS!

's 
Nessie is a capsule-based espresso machine.  Nespresso sells their capsules exclusively online.  That's the one drawback-- if you run out, it takes at least 1-2 working days to get more capsules.  We haven't run out yet! 

My daily espresso routine looks like this:

* 2 capsules "Roma" blend espresso
* 2 tablespoons sugar free Vanilla flavor from Starbucks
* 1/2 cup milk

Nessie's little milk canister sits to the side and whirrrrs happily in the background as it heats up my milk.

I love being able to quickly prepare my own Skinny Vanilla Lattes in minutes, from my own home.  So far, we've had her 2 1/2 years and she's still going strong!  Best espresso machine ever!

-xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment